- Interpersonal Loneliness – This is the result of losing a significant or intimate relationship.
- Social Loneliness – This is experienced when a person is on the fringes of a group excluded from a group or is actively rejected.
- Cultural Loneliness – A person who belongs to a different culture and feels like they don’t fit or belong in the new culture experiences culture loneliness.
- Intellectual Loneliness – This is the result of feeling intellectually or educationally out of sync with peers family or social group.
- Psychological Loneliness – This is felt by someone who has undergone a traumatic situation that separated them from the people around them a situation others can’t fully understand.
- Existential or Cosmic Loneliness – This is an isolating loneliness experienced by a person who is facing death.
Preview photo credit Psych2Go